Whether looking for an alternative heating system or looking to add more personality to your living room with a fireplace, all of the options out there can make it challenging to choose. No matter what fuel you prefer (natural gas, propane, or wood) a zero-clearance fireplace may be the best option for you.
Zero-clearance fireplaces are factory, pre-fabricated fireplaces that they can be safely installed near combustible materials. They are less expensive and more efficient than masonry fireplaces, as well as conveniently designed to fit in tight places, on second stories and require no expensive foundations. A zero-clearance fireplace is a smart and attractive addition to any home.
Here are the 9 benefits more in detail:
- Can be installed in any home:These appliances can be used in any home, including mobile homes in many cases (it is important to check the model information to ensure it is listed fora mobile home).
- Low maintenance and easy to operate:These appliances are designed to be easy to use and to require less maintenance. You will not have to worry about expensive masonry or chimney repairs.
- Convenient installation:Pre-fabricated in a factory, installation requires much less time and work than masonry fireplaces. Manufacturers strongly recommend that zero clearance fireplaces be installed by factory trained, or National Fireplace Institute certified professionals(United States) in order to insure that the fireplaces are safe and operate properly.
- Reduced installation costs:There is much less labor involved in the installation of zero clearance fireplaces and their chimney systems relative to masonry fireplaces. Additionally, expensive concrete foundations are not required for zero clearance fireplaces.
- Fits in tight spaces:Zero-clearance fireplaces have a greater amount of insulation than masonry fireplaces. This added insulation makes it unnecessary to leave a buffer zone between your fireplace and combustible materials allowing it to fit into tighter spaces than other appliances.
- Increased efficiency:Open-hearth masonry fireplaces have as low as 10% efficiency whereas zero-clearance fireplaces can have up to 70% efficiency.
- You pick the fuel type:Whether you prefer the convenience of gas, or want to use an environmentally friendly fuel like wood there is a zero-clearance fireplace fit for you.
- Many styles to choose from:There are many different styles and sizes to choose from to fit your home and cater to your taste. It is important to choose a fireplace that is the right size for the space it is installed in. Choosing a fireplace that is too small or too large is not wise. It is smart to speak to a professional who can help you choose the right model for you.
- Adds character to any home:A zero-clearance fireplaces allows you to enjoy the cozy atmosphere and attractive appearance created by having one or more zero clearance fireplaces in your home.